Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Computers.

As much as I spend so much time on the computer, I can sort of recall the first major times I have experienced the internet.

There was always that really huge monitor and tower around in my kitchen (we didn't have room for it anywhere else since we lived in a small apartment). I remember my parent having to string the Ethernet cable (didn't know what that was at the time) across the room from our telephone to deal with dial-up. Yes I remember those days where I had to listen to that god-forsaken tone. I remember the first internet experiences being with my parents showing me funny emails they got from friends that sang and were animated.

We used the computer in school mainly for paint. I remember in fourth grade we would have free time and I would go on the big computer in the back and just use paint for the longest time, making aliens, spray painting a colored background.

I think the first real experience I had online though that got me really interested was when my friends and I found the first harry potter movie website where i could be sorted, pick a pet and design it as well as get a wand. I also remember wanting my mom to download aol because I would watch Nick and they would always say AOL Keyword to search for stuff.

I have no idea what our first computers were like, we have three desktops before my uncle got me my first dell laptop (Which I still have because I got it in like 2005).

It's amazing what the internet did for me, and how my life would be so different. I just asked my dad the other day what he did without having the internet so freely and he shrugged and said he had no idea.

So thanks internet for being around and getting better (but more complicated) everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment