Monday, September 7, 2009

Work, Life Rant.

Sometimes I hate working as a waitress in a fairly low quality restaurant. It's higher than McDonalads, but it's pretty bad in my opinion. The people generally don't tip well, they are so needy, and most of the time expect you to carry them to their table and feed them bon-bons. It frustrates me that these people feel like they can use the work staff at any waitress because they are paying for their food, when respect is ineeded in whatever a person does.

So overall I hate waitressing, I like the money, I dislike those terrible customers, ridiculous tips, and some of my annoying co-workers.

But the nice thing about waitressing is that I am not doing it forever. That is all I keep telling myself to get through it. It is not my career, I only have to do it for another few years tops and then I can get a real job or something that will help me to my ultimate goal of a real job.

The other lucky thing that I also have to keep telling myself is the money is not completlely gone the moment I get it. A lot of kids my age that work at the same reasturant as me are on their own now, taking care of bills, food and rent. I only have to pay a small amount of those in comparison, with forty dollars a month towards dental insurance, some food at school and part of my car insurance. I'm glad that I don't have to (generally) buy my own food and pay for rent. Even though I feel like my mom would want me to pay rent, she hasn't asked me and I feel like she never will.


I guess its nice that I am going to a good school, that I have to pay very little for and my parents still support me even though leagally I don't think they have to.


I just have to be more optimistic about my life and future in general. I can do all the things I want to and I will because it's the type of person I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment