Tuesday, August 25, 2009

books and growing up

Well I was enjoying a day of listening to the wonderfully suave John Green talk on blogtv, but his video came up and I watched that and then his blogtv show ended.

You know you get older when you look at the year the Titanic was made in and suddenly 12 years have passed. Where have the gone, can you tell me?! Oh and when its time to get a 'grown up' email address. No more screen names with x's and o's or random numbers. A legit last name. first name is now going to float around, because god knows I'll need it sometime in the future and I better get it fast before all the other Meaghan Little's come a runnin'.


Now Book Survey via Hayley G Hoover, whom I wish to have 1/1000th of her wit and creative writing skills. Hurray mediocrity!

1. What author do you own the most books by?
Jo Rowling, but Louise Rennison may have a close second with 9 books

2. What book do you own the most copies of?
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, with 3.

3. Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?
No. I can hardly speak english, do you expect me to know what a preposition is? (This is untrue, I had to learn like 100 different prepositions in middle school, I could take up the energy to find them in the mess of my brain, but I'm lazy and don't really care.)

4. What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
Quentin Jacobsen, Ed Kennedy, Ron Weasley, Fred Weasley, Stuart Little(even though we share the same last name), Colin Singleton, and maybe Nick Carraway from Great Gatsby, although i haven't reread it in a while and all I think of is my teacher beating me with the green light and eye doctor eyes.

5. What book have you read the most times in your life (excluding picture books read to children; i.e., Goodnight Moon does not count)?
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban? In all honesty I have lost track of how many times I've read certain books in the HP series.

6. What was your favorite book when you were ten years old?
Probably HP3. Or something from the babysitter's club. I was obsessed with those books/show.

7. What is the worst book you've read in the past year?
Breaking dawn. I'm pretty sure I never put down a book so many times to stop laughing or trying to figure out why i bought the series.

8. What is the best book you've read in the past year?
The Hunger Games, or Paper Towns maybe oh wait maybe Beloved, by Toni Morrison that was pretty good. Most of the books I've read this year I've read before.

9. If you could force everyone you tagged to read one book, what would it be?
Probably Outliers, which is saying something since I have the book but havent gotten to it yet. I will.

10. What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies?

11. What book would you least like to see made into a movie?
Stiff, the Curious Lives of Human Cadavers. As much as it was an interesting and witty book, I don't want to see a movie about dead bodies and their use in the modern world and science.

12. Describe your weirdest dream involving a writer, book, or literary character.
I was upstairs in some lofty apartment thing when I was awaken by a phonecall to tell Maureen Johnson that she would be going to China in a week. I went downstairs to a table full of authors but only noticed John Green, Maureen, and Hank Green. I relayed the message and joined them for dinner

13. What is the most lowbrow book you've read as an adult?
Twilight? I'm not sure because I'm still getting used to the idea of being an adult and its only been a year.

14. What is the most difficult book you've ever read?
Lord of the Rings. It's wasn't difficult to understand. I just couldn't stand the hobbits singing all the time. And I was 12 at the time so my attention span was pretty low for a large and language rich novel

15. What is the most obscure Shakespeare play you've seen?
I haven't seen any Shakespeare plays, I'm supposedly related to him though.

16. Do you prefer the French or the Russians?
I've barely scraped the surface of english literature, It'll take a while before I take on frech or russian works

17. Roth or Updike?
Never heard of them, I'm so uninformed.

18. David Sedaris or Dave Eggers?
never heard of either again, DAMN TIME FOR BEING SO SHORT

19. Shakespeare, Milton, or Chaucer?
Shakespeare, never heard of Milton and I despise the Canterbury Tales

20. Austen or Eliot?
Austen FTW

21. What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading?
Probably the time from like 3rd grade to like 8th grade where I just recall reading Harry Potter with a few books in between.


22. What is your favorite novel?
Deathly Hallows. But I'm impartial to the word favorite, I love all books

23. Play?
Romeo and Juliet.

24. Poem?
I despise Poems, like a lot. I will not read them because I hate them so much

25. Essay?
Not a big essay reader out of school, but deffinatley something from my House and Philosophy book or Lost and Philosophy book.

26. Work of nonfiction?
Stiff, the Curious Lives of Human Cadavers

27. Who is your favorite writer?
JKR

28. Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
Stephanie Myers, although good, Not as great as many believe her to be.

29. What is your desert island book?
Deathly Hallows

30. And... what are you reading right now?
The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie (mmmhm house can solve cases and write books), Outliers by Malcom Gladwell and The Treasure Chest Book by E Lockheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment