Thursday, August 6, 2009

Usually by the time someone is 18 years old, they are ready to break free from their home and explore the vast and wonderful world of college, or working full time and living on their own. Living how they please with endless possibilities. Me, at 18 I was content at still living at home and going to a good school without having to pay $10,000 to live there. Now I'm not sure if I can handle another year of this. Maybe it's me, I think it has to do with my brother and parents too, but if I don't get out soon I am going to loose my mind.

I bring this up because my mom is constantly complaining about my brother and I not doing anything. Which is true to a degree. But the thing is, I'm young still. I don't want to waste the last year of being a teen cleaning the house and doing laundry when I could be out with my friends before they all leave for school. She has apparently lost all appathy for people who have friends and lives because she doesn't really have one besides working and see us.

That was a little mean, but she won't read it.

Anyway, I'm getting excited because I leave for my cruise to Canada in 8 days which is exciting. We're visitng Halifax and Saint John and then spending a few days in New York City. I get to see the play Wicked, which I am unbearably excited about. I've never been to a play, muchless one on Broadway. I'm looking forward to the cruise too, it'll be fun to be on a boat and see the towel animals they make. It'll be interesting too, since I'm going with my very conservative eighty-something grandmother who may or may not be a pain. I may just want to wander around the ship, and she'll probably freak out. Overall it will hopefully be a nice treat before classes start.

For now one of the last goals of summer is to rewatch all the vlogbrother videos. I just started before this blog and am now almost done with Janurary. Hopefully it will be a mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment