Monday, August 24, 2009

Rest In Peace Justin

Sometimes life has a funny way of throwing stuff at you. Last night it occurred for me. I came home from spending the night with a friend and I went to check my facebook account because I'm a vain and obsessive compulsive teenager who need to know about everyone even if I don't talk to them.

Anyway I was checking facebook and I saw a common theme around many friends I went to elementary school with. See I moved after 6th grade and thanks to the magic of facebook I have been able to reconnect with many of them. Well one of the kids in our 'class' was stabbed to death last night. It's shocking and hard to imagine that a 19 year old can now not exist anymore. It's even worse when I think of him because he lived right down the street from me, I hung out with his sister all the time. The two of us carpooled to middle school together in the morning. I went to his house all the time, my brother hung out with him too.

It's hard for me to put my finger on him, he seemed like a trouble maker at the time, but I'd thought it would pass, I mean when you're ten trouble making can't be all that bad. I heard as time passed that he got into trouble with the police and it's just hard to imagine that he's not here anymore. Just gone.


It's worse to think that the person who stabbed him was his friends. They were fighting over cigarettes and I knew the kid who stabbed him from elementary school too.

Sometimes its hard to grow up and see these things happen. And its even worse to think I had a crush on both boys during my time in elementary school.

If anyone wants to read the article, here is the link and please leave Justin in your prayers, especially for his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment