Wednesday, April 8, 2009

day 8

I figure today I should talk about something important, and long. But I don't think that it will happen. But I will tell a story because I like to tell stories, occasionally. Now I think that it would be awesome to be a YA writer, it seems like a really cool job. You get to interact with fan online, write books all day, chill with other cool authors, go to special places to meet your fans, and publish a book that people will actually buy. I mean it would be the ultimate dream job, with say working at Charm City Cakes as a cake decorator being a very close second. (I love that show, a lot)

And I mean I'm fairly intelligent. I know how to write, I have been doing it forever and I must be doing okay since I've passed all my classes that involve writing papers and such; but then i realize I have no good stories in my head. The last time I wrote a full story, with a beginning, middle and end, was fourth grade. In fact that is one of the few things i remember about fourth grade, which also included: Finding out naked men were considered art(everyone was looking at the statue David in the encyclopedia, we were all amazed at the time), Learning about the male and female reproductive organs, and what happens when you start to hit puberty( which consisted of a women saying, "Now boys don't ask if a girl has to bring her purse to the bathroom to hide her tampons/pads, and girls don't make fun of boys if they have to randomly go to the bathroom and cover their hands over their boy parts". I'm pretty sure that mortified me at the age of 9.), those stupid long multiplicity charts where we were timed five minutes to do, like 100 multiplication problems, spelling test, and CMTS, which were Connecticut's standardized test for kids.

That was the last year you could write an actual story for the writing part, and then it changed in middle school, where you had to persuade a person to start school later, allow for no gym class, etc. And so that is why I have not written a story. I didn't take creative writing in high school, and another reason why this has not occurred is because I hate editing my work. It's like the worst thing imaginable to edit a 300 page book. So I envy those authors who could get through it.

I feel like this post got you nowhere, only to know that I can't write to save my life. Oh well. In fact I have to read some god awful articles on Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh. Any ideas how I can use scenes from that book into an essay that deals with transgression and who is hurt by thoughts that are not spoken? Yeah I figured. I guess I'll have to fight that battle by myself.


K guys, see ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment